[OS X TeX] increased memory allocation

Miriam Belmaker belmaker at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 4 13:42:51 EST 2006

Hi,

Yes.. I open in bibdesk.. no error.. it is not a bib file problem or
bibtex problem.I can run my program on any unix computer but then I
have to bring together all the styles etc.. I would much rather
increase the memory allocation in my own i-installer tex.  I
understand that this is a very common problem.     I would like to
increase the pool_size.. I know this is the problem but I don't know
how to do it.  I know I need to go into usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/
web2c/texmf.cnf   in the terminal and to edit it.. but that's where I
get stomped.. I need permissions - what are those?  And if I can get
by what does it mean to recreate the format?   I just need a step by
step

Thanks again,

Miriam