[OS X TeX] increased memory allocation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Mar 7 15:23:25 EST 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Miriam Belmaker wrote:

> Hi everyone and thanks for the concern..
>
> Since I have to turn in my thesis by Monday.. and I can get it to
> work on the unix machines on campus.. I decided to try and solve
> the big mystery after that... (I will need to work on my mac in the
> future :) )..
> I did manage to increase the pool size and memory allocation in my
> tex but it didn't work .. Someone suggested I reinstall my OS
> (rather than archive and install as I did)  but as I said.. since
> everything else is working.. I will do it next week (post thesis)..
> all my files work fine on the standard unix, so  I don't think it
> is any errors in my tex or bib files.
>
> By the way.. do you want the regular log file the TexShop produces
> (I couldn't see anything special there.. ) or another crash log?
>
> Thanks for the support... it is very much appreciated!
>
> Miriam

Howdy,

Get the thesis out!

I that advice about re-installing the OS sounds like a Windows person
to me. Not that it is never needed, just that it is very rarely needed.

The log file is the one produced by TeX when it runs (and runs out of
memory). If you are compiling thesis.tex then it would be names
thesis.log and be in the same directory as the thesis.tex file.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)