[OS X TeX] Re: [Sort-of Off]: Plotting Software

Bill Rowe bitreader at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 20:41:13 EST 2006

On 3/7/06 at 12:01 AM, dac at panix.com (david craig) wrote:

>What do folks recommend for plotting/fitting software?

For myself, I use Mathematica. If all you want is to plot the data in a nice way, then Mathematica is a rather expensive solution. But since I generally want to do a lot more than just plot the data for presentation, I think Mathematica is a very useful tool and has adequate plotting capability.

My typical workflow is to analyze and plot the data in Mathematica. Export the plots from Mathematica in EPS format. Convert the EPS format to PDF. Write the final report in LaTeX incorporating the plots created in Mathematica to share with others not using Mathematica.