[OS X TeX] teXshop displays

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 17:48:37 EST 2006

On 14 Mar 2006, at 17:34, Manan Ahmed wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am on digest so cc: responses would be appreciated.
> On PPC G5/10.4.5; haven't done any system upgrades recently.
>
> My texShop install has suddenly gone crazy. The application
> launches but no open file is displayed. The file _is_ listed under
> the Window option and when you hit save the save-sheet magically
> appears appended to the invisible file!

When TeXshop behaves erratically the best thing is to remove
the preference file, that is stored as a property list.
Reinstalling it will do nothing since the preferences file
won't change. You find the file in
Library/Preferences/TeXShop.plist

try first putting it somewhere else.  User options will
be reset to defaults.  If your problem is not addressed,
you can place the original TeXShop.plist back in the
preferences (rewriting the new one created by TeXshop)
and then call Richard Koch :)

This worked for me on a couple of occasions.  The last
time TeXshop went crazy the colors were all scrambled
(dark grey background with shiny yellow text and pink
tex comments.  yeach!)

Roberto