[OS X TeX] BibDesk: Unable to save metadata cache file

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Mar 15 15:15:10 EST 2006

On Wednesday, March 15, 2006, at 10:47AM, Winfried Zettelmeyer <Winfried at Zettelmeyer.com> wrote:

>Hallo all,
>I have been learning and using Bibtex now for a week and it works
>very well. However I get this message (no idea what it means) every
>time I try to save the .bib file. The BibteX console does not tell my
>anything strange when compiling (the usual warnings about empty
>fields), I can make new entries into the BibTeX template, TeXshop
>recognises the \footfullcite command of the jurabib package when
>entering the new source and puts a footnote reference, but the
>footnote remains empty with ? after any amount of Latexing and
>Bibtexing.
>What to do ? Is my bib file lost and do I have to start all over ?

That warning occurs when BibDesk is unable to save the Spotlight metadata cache; you should never see it in practice, so I'd like to find out why it's popping up.  Do you see anything in the console log using /Applications/Utilities/Console.app?  There should be a more detailed description of the error.

It has no effect on the ability to save your .bib file, so that should be just fine.  It also is unrelated to any footnote/cite problems you may be having.

--
Adam