[OS X TeX] spaces in names

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Mar 16 14:06:48 EST 2006

Massimiliano,

I was under the impression that it is simply not possible to typeset
through TeXShop a filename with spaces, but I just tried with "test
1.tex" (w/o the quote marks) and it worked, as others just reported.

Having said that, you will be better off  if you avoid spaces in the
names of all files involved in latex (.tex, .eps, etc). As a human
being you will probably be unhappy about this. But latex is not for
human beings, it is for perfectionists ---who are never happy
anyway... :)

Themis