[OS X TeX] Unable to extract the embedded font

Lee Tryhorn Lee.Tryhorn at arts.monash.edu.au
Wed Mar 22 18:27:06 EST 2006

Hi,

I've tried re-running the configure stage of the TeX i-Package, and
that has helped a bit.  You can now see all of the text in the document
apart from one page which is blank.

In Adobe it came up with the message, 'There was an error processing a
page, wrong operand type', followed  by 'An unrecognized token '-382d'
was found' and 'There was an error in processing this document (114)'.

I'm lost.  Any further suggestions?

On 21/03/2006, at 5:13 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 21 mars 06 à 02:13, Lee Tryhorn a écrit :
>
>> I'm running TeXShop on OS X 10.3.9 and my problem is this... when I
>> create a pdf it will look fine on my computer, however when I view it
>> on a Windows or Linux machine I get the error message "unable to
>> extract the embedded font XXX" and most of the text in the document
>> comes up as dots.
>
> Which fonts are you using? In case these are the standard LaserWriter
> fonts such as Times, Helvetica, Courier, etc., then you are probably
> using gwTeX's default setting of not including the fonts in the PDF
> file. To cure this, either run the Configure stage of the TeX
> i-Package (possibly in Expert mode) and, when asked about font
> inclusion, choose "Include"; or, equivalently, run in Terminal:
>
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 true
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 true
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14 true
>
> Another possible cause is an encoding problem; or using a font in a
> format (for example PostScript Type 3) that the PDF viewer on your
> Windows or Linux machine doesn't understand. Which viewer are you
> using, by the way?
>
> Bruno Voisin

Lee Tryhorn
Regional Climate Group
School of Geography and Environmental Science
Rm 317, Building 11
Monash University, 3800
Victoria, Australia

Ph:   +61 3 990 58419