[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

david craig dac at panix.com
Sat Mar 25 22:52:26 EST 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On 3/24/06, david craig <dac at panix.com> wrote:
>> Still, there is clearly a difference between "white" and "transparent".
>>
>> Is there any tool for going the other way?  Or any way in pdftex to tell
>> it to produce a transparent background?
>>
>> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Victor Ivrii wrote: (It would be nice if LaTeXiT
>> let you set a background color as easily as the text color!)
>
> \pagecolor{yellow}

Of course, sure.  The essence of the remark, though, was "as easily as
the text color", by which I meant -- and probably should have said
explicitly -- by way of the color picker, rather than having to fuss
with RGB values or sticking with the limited list of named colors, or
even the Crayola colors.

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>