[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 26 04:53:55 EST 2006

On 26 Mar 2006, at 5:52, david craig wrote:

>> \pagecolor{yellow}
>
> Of course, sure.  The essence of the remark, though, was "as easily
> as the text color", by which I meant -- and probably should have
> said explicitly -- by way of the color picker, rather than having
> to fuss with RGB values or sticking with the limited list of named
> colors, or even the Crayola colors.

(shameless plug):

http://www.nat.vu.nl/~sneep/tex/ "LaTeX Color Selector"

It allows you to select a color (with the color picker)  and define
it like this:

\definecolor{pagebackground}{rgb}{0.999,0.999,0.999}

You can then say:

\pagecolor{pagebackground}

You may need to define your page background as slightly off white to
avoid removal somewhere in the process, at least that is the case
with metapost.

(If you need a UB, the sources are stored within the application
bundle).

Maarten