[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

V. Yu. Shavrukov vshavruk at science.uva.nl
Tue Mar 28 22:45:57 EST 2006

On Mar 28, 2006, at 14:14, William Adams wrote:

>> I meant sRGB vs AdobeRGB vs ProPhotoRGB etc.  rather than  cmyk vs
>> rgb vs hsv...
>
> Oh. Well presumably you'll only be needing one such tag for the
> vector and text elements which TeX will create --- just post-process
> the file to assign such a colourspace tag --- this could be set up
> using OS X's pdf Services.

Thanks.  Are you saying one can assign a profile to the whole pdf
that will apply to all elements that don't already have a profile
(spot colour tag etc.) of their own?

>> I'd be curious to learn of a situtation
>> where you needed more than one and this wouldn't be an option though.

Using something like pgf one can continuously vary the colour of an
element (which could be a glyph, a paragraph etc.).  This would
require more than one spot colour but as far as I can see a single
profile would be sufficient.

>> William Adams:
>>
>>> Or one can adapt my technique from TUG2003 to access spot
>>> colour .eps
>>> files in a virtual font.

Do I look for that technique in TUGBoat 2003?

sincerely yours,
Volodya Shavrukov