[OS X TeX] i-Installer TeX installation on Intel

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue May 2 16:54:33 EDT 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 20:09, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

>>> LaTeX is running fine, on my machine, faster than my old machine,
>>> but apparently at least part is running in Rosetta. I have no idea
>>> how to check this other than the errors I posted, so you may have
>>> this on your machine too.
>>
>> What I am saying is that I am not seeing any errors like the one you
>> show above. You must be calling some binaries that I am not. What is
>> the binary that is giving you trouble and what is it used for?
>
> I get this error when running the prebuilt TeXniscope. I'll send you
> the link off-line (don't know how public it's supposed to be.).

This cannot come from running something pre-built. It is a static
archive, not a shared library. You are getting this when compiling a
program and linking it. The program you are linking requires
libkpathsea and you are linking an i386 or fat binary and the archive
only contains ppc.

This has nothing to do with the TeX binaries which will not run in
Rosetta or something like that.