[OS X TeX] i-Installer TeX installation on Intel

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed May 3 03:43:09 EDT 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 13:24, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

> Folks,
> I'm getting the following error when trying to compile TeXniscope on
> my macbook:
>> /usr/bin/ld: warning /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a archive's
>> cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for
>> specified -arch flag: i386 (can't load from it)
> I reinstalled TeX using i-Installer on my macbook, but it appears to
> have installed the wrong binaries. How does one select the correct
> ones? I thought it was automatic.

The TeX i-Package installs separately i386 and ppc binaries, but th
ekpathsea library it installs should be fat. This is not important for
running TeX, but it is if you want to link the TeX kpathsea (TeX file
search) library into other programs.

As far as I can see, the builds on my system contain fat libkpathsea.a
libraries. Just to be 100% certain, I recreated the 2005 binaries
archive in the TeX i-Package and uploaded, as the content has
officially not changed, I'll not update the release notes. Can you
reinstall TeX and when you are done test the following command in
Terminal:

	file /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a

Thanks,