[OS X TeX] TeXniscope problems after LaTeX upgrade

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu May 4 08:53:32 EDT 2006

Le 4 mai 06 à 14:23, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> But there is no dvipdfmx.def driver file in the graphics package,
> and I couldn't find any at the dvipfmx site <http://
> project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx>.
>
> Could it be that its absence is causing the problem? Where can it
> be retrieved?

Regarding dvipdfm
=================

Looking for dvipdfm.def, there seem to be two of them:

- One in the teTeX tree at /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/
latex/dvipdfm/dvipdfm.def, with time stamp:

\ProvidesFile{dvipdfm.def}
         [1999/9/6 vx.x Driver-dependant file]

- One in the latest LaTeX graphics package at /usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.local/tex/latex/graphics/dvipdfm.def, with time stamp:

\ProvidesFile{dvipdfm.def}
         [1998/11/24 vx.x Driver-dependant file]

The one in texmf.local is of course the one used, but it seems older
than the other which is the same as in the dvipdfm distro (in the
latex-support directory) at <http://gaspra.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/>.
There are indeed significant differences in the code between the two.
Which one should we use?

Regarding dvipdfmx
==================

There is no "prebuilt" dvipdfmx.def in the source-code snapshot of
dvipdfmx at <http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/>. However, the file
ChangeLog in this snapshot contains:

2005-08-02  Jin-Hwan Cho <chofchof at ktug.or.kr>
[...]
	* dvipdfmx.def, spec-dpx.tex:
	  Modified to fit the changes introduced in 2005-08-01.
	  ConTeXt module still has a bug, e.g., \handleMPfshow.

Does this mean we need to build dvipdfmx in order to create this
driver file? There is prebuilt MikTeX .cab file for dvipdfmx, but we
can't use it on the Mac, can we?

Bruno