[OS X TeX] recent update with I-installer and strange error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun May 7 07:26:47 EDT 2006

Am 07.05.2006 um 00:28 schrieb Alain Matthes:

>> Did you look into the LOG file?
>
> yes no problem

What does this mean? Do you see that LaTeX is using Fourier Font
Definition (FD) files?

>> Apple's pstopdf is not really reliable on dvips output. Ps2pdf
>> from Ghostscript is better suited.
>
> yes but same problem
>
> The problem is here with TeXshop and TeXniscope but not with
> Acrobat reader 7.0.7 with a printer Brother HL 2070

This looks as if the Fourier MAP file is not enabled for mapping TeX
font names to actual font files ... Can you run pdfLaTeX on your file
and see whether fourier.map and/or fourier-utopia-expert.map get used?

>> Do you have xpdf available? It has a very useful CLI programme:
>> pdffonts. This way you could find out which fonts are actually
>> included in the PDF file that give the unwanted shapes.
>>

> Yes with linux but xpdf is a part of pdftex 1.30.5 and 1.30.6 and i
> don't have actually xpdf; in the log i have :

Xpdf can be installed with Fink or Darwinports, too.

--
Greetings

   Pete
               <\