[OS X TeX] TeXniscope problem ?

André Valentin Andre.J.Valentin at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 10 11:26:36 EDT 2006

Hello list,

There was a recent thread on this list about TeXniscope problems.
I have one more example here:

(Following Bruno Voisin's suggestion, I installed a dvipdfmx.def in
my home texmf,
but whith no luck.)

Here is my example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvipsnames]{pstricks}
\begin{document}
\psframebox[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=Cyan,linecolor=RoyalBlue]%
{\color{Red}\LARGE\bfseries Text In A Box}
\end{document}

When this file is processed by TeXShop (TeX + Gostscript), all is
working fine,
and I get the expected result (in the pdf file)

But when I double-click the dvi file, TeXniscope translates it (using
dvipdfmx) to a (temporary) pdf file
and I only get the red text, no (RoyalBlue) frame and no fill color
(Cyan)

In the console.log related to TeXniscope I read:

** WARNING ** Unrecognized special ignored.
** WARNING ** Unrecognized special ignored.
** WARNING ** Unrecognized special ignored.

Any help?
(Note: I am only a digest subscriber)

Valentin André. INSA de Lyon