[OS X TeX] Update on the Freeze w/ i-installer 2.77

Daniel Käsmayr daniel at kaesmayr.net
Sat May 20 09:32:59 EDT 2006

Dear List, Dear Gerben,

As I have mentioned before I had reinstalled OSX in order to get i-
installer working again. (all on an iMacCoreDuo)
And, as expected, it did. With a clean 10.4.5. I reinstalled my TeX,
then updated the OS except for the security update.

now the system freezes when opening a package. All updates installed
except for the firmware upgrade and the security upgrade 2006-003

So my observations are:

All updates except the security update: freeze when opening a package.
All updates: freeze when starting i-installer.

Although I would be comforted by anyone who experiences the same
problems I do not advise of taking the risk.
I believe I had i-installer working as intended with just 10.4.6 so
the only difference would be the Quicktime 7.1 update…

Argl. Too bad there are no crash reports or any other ways of
debugging this to even file a bug report with apple.

And then there is a new way of freezing the system together with i-
installer:
	open ii's Preferences
	click apply
	freeze.