[OS X TeX] Turning eps to pdf problems

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Sun May 21 23:45:05 EDT 2006

OK, here's the workaround to get epstopdf to work correctly and give
you a proper bounding box:

file testfonts.eps

Add the length at the beginning in this case, 30, to the length of
the postscript, in this case 28101, to get 28131.

Then try
split -b 28131 testfonts.eps

this will output two files: xaa and xab.

Now, simply
mv xaa fixedfonts.eps
epstopdf fixedfonts.eps

and you will get what you desire.

I'm sorry I don't know exactly why the program you are using decides
to throw the TIFF preview in along with postscript. Perhaps there is
an option to turn this behavior off, and then this workaround
wouldn't be necessary.