[OS X TeX] Turning eps to pdf problems

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Mon May 22 01:32:50 EDT 2006

Stephen,

I have written a little perl script to help you recover your files.

--- script follows ---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
undef $/;
@prolog = split(/$!PS-Adobe/, <>);
@grist = split(/%%EOF/, $prolog[1]);

     open(OUTFILE, ">recovered.Eps");
     print OUTFILE "%!PS-Adobe" . "$grist[0]" . "%%EOF\n";
     close OUTFILE;
--- end of script ---

Just copy the content of the script into a text file and save it as
something like 'recovereps.pl' and make sure to 'chmod 755
recovereps.pl'

Then when you need to use it, copy it to your working directory and
'./recovereps.pl mystubborn.eps'

This will leave you with a file called 'recovered.eps' that you can
rename as you wish. I wish I had the time to make a more elegant
solution, perhaps someone else on this list can help you from here.