[OS X TeX] [Slightly OT] LaTeX equations/fonts in Keynote -> PowerPoint

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Tue May 23 18:43:48 EDT 2006

On May 23, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> On 5/22/06, Jan Anderssen <jan at linguist.umass.edu> wrote:

>> i second andi's suggestion - use pdf, try to ask for acrobat. none of
>> the conferences i've been to had keynote, but all of them had a
>> choice between powerpoint and acrobat.
>>
>> good luck!
>> jan
>
> Thanks very much for everyone's very helpful comments and tips. I have
> tried to edit the slides on a PC using PowerPoint, and it was more
> than a pain. (Not that there's something terribly wrong with PP, just
> the incompatibility tortured me.) I will try to push to use the PDF
> format. :-)
>
> On an even more slightly off topic question: Will Intel-Mac be more
> compatible? Or it's mostly/solely on the software side?

using the os x version of ppt, i imagine that unless something
changes in ms's software development things will be the same. it
seems like you will, however, be able to use the windows version or
ppt, and, looking at the video below, maybe fairly effortlessly so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1XQyT_IbA
(Fast OS Switching on a MacBook using Parallels beta 6 and Virtue.)

jan