[OS X TeX] TeX based on TeX Live release

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 2 05:31:51 EST 2006

Le 2 nov. 06 à 00:29, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> The TeX (based on TeX Live) i-Package has been released to all the
> repositories and so have all the support i-Packages: MusixTeX, CM-
> Super, CB-Greek and the ConTeXt Updater.

Some font issues (in Expert mode):

- The following map files are not enabled by default:

cmother-bsr.map
cmtext-bsr-interpolated.map
cmtext-bsr.map
latex-bsr.map
manfnt.map (missing)
mflogo.map (missing)
rsfs.map
stmaryrd.map (missing)

Regarding the last four, they correspond in teTeX to /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/hoekwater.map.

- Some map files in the following directories, taken verbatim from
teTeX, are partly redundant with those from the original TeXLive:

/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/
/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/

Some examples of redundancy:

/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/ttcmex.map
/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/cmex/ttcmex.map

/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/marvosym.map
/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/marvosym/marvosym.map

/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/eurosym/eurosym.map
/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/eurosym.map

I don't know which other directories have been copied verbatim from
teTeX (lucida?). I'm not sure it would be good to suppress them
either: for example, /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/
tetex/ contains lucidabr-o.map and lumath-o.map I absolutely need for
my Lucida font setup.

- Regarding mathtime, the tfm files are indeed present in /usr/local/
TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/tfm/yandy/mathtime/, but the vf file
mtmi.vf is missing. In teTeX it was:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/vf/yandy/mathtime/mtmi.vf

Some other things:

- I'm surprised by the existence of:

/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/bzip2/
/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/gzip/

Is it standard practice to include them in TeXLive?

- During the Language selection stage (in Expert mode), the comments
in the dialog box mention English and British, while the hyphenation
files are called usenglish and ukenglish. Some users might be
confused by this.

That's it, I've not attempted to perform any exhaustive and
systematic check of the content of the font-support files in TeXLive;
the above are just things I noticed randomly. For the rest of this
week and most of next week I need to get going, and will probably
switch back to teTeX until I get a few things done.