[OS X TeX] TeX based on TeX Live release

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Nov 2 16:32:24 EST 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 11:31 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 2 nov. 06 à 00:29, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> The TeX (based on TeX Live) i-Package has been released to all the
>> repositories and so have all the support i-Packages: MusixTeX, CM-
>> Super, CB-Greek and the ConTeXt Updater.
>
> Some font issues (in Expert mode):
>
> - The following map files are not enabled by default:
>
> cmother-bsr.map
> cmtext-bsr-interpolated.map
> cmtext-bsr.map
> latex-bsr.map
> manfnt.map (missing)
> mflogo.map (missing)
> rsfs.map
> stmaryrd.map (missing)

I will add the misisng ones. The others are turned off because they
were missing in an earlier release at which time your updmap.cfg was
adapted (updmap --syncwithrees)

> Regarding the last four, they correspond in teTeX to /usr/local/
> teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/hoekwater.map.
>
> - Some map files in the following directories, taken verbatim from
> teTeX, are partly redundant with those from the original TeXLive:
>
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/
>
> Some examples of redundancy:
>
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/ttcmex.map
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/cmex/ttcmex.map
>
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/marvosym.map
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/marvosym/marvosym.map
>
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/eurosym/eurosym.map
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/eurosym.map
>
> I don't know which other directories have been copied verbatim from
> teTeX (lucida?). I'm not sure it would be good to suppress them
> either: for example, /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/
> dvips/tetex/ contains lucidabr-o.map and lumath-o.map I absolutely
> need for my Lucida font setup.
>
> - Regarding mathtime, the tfm files are indeed present in /usr/
> local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/tfm/yandy/mathtime/, but the vf
> file mtmi.vf is missing. In teTeX it was:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/vf/yandy/mathtime/mtmi.vf

mtmi.vf is not in TeX Live. Maybe it is best to report things there.

> Some other things:
>
> - I'm surprised by the existence of:
>
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/bzip2/
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/gzip/
>
> Is it standard practice to include them in TeXLive?

Yep. But I should remove them.

> - During the Language selection stage (in Expert mode), the
> comments in the dialog box mention English and British, while the
> hyphenation files are called usenglish and ukenglish. Some users
> might be confused by this.

I have removed the remarks from the comment.