[OS X TeX] TeXshop

Raul Martinez raulm231 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 16 18:52:55 EST 2006

All,

After reading the whole thread about Gerben's discontinuation of
support for TeXshop (I share everyone's dismay about Gerben's
departure and thank him profusely for his efforts) and the migration
to TeXLive, it remains unclear to me what happens to the TeXshop text
editor. I find the editor to be very useful particularly the feature
that  allows one to click on the pdf document and get sent to the
appropriate text in the .tex file. Is the text editor also part of
the TeXLive distribution? If not, what is the future, if any, of the
text editor? Is there an alternative editor that the readers of this
list can recommend?

TIA

Raul Martinez