[OS X TeX] Finally we are grown up

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sun Nov 19 03:41:20 EST 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 15:11 , Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Claus Gerhardt wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Anyway, I assume Richard Koch's MacTeX will be ready by Christmas.
>
> I am keeping my fingers crossed.
>
> The point, if you would rather, is that I am scared "-------" to
> get bogged down while reinstalling. The probability at this point
> may not be high but I can't even contemplate the expectation. I
> have even considered buying another machine and installing on the
> other machine but my finances being what they are, I am hanging on
> for the time being.

I think that if Gerben Wierda's distributions (teTeX-based or TeXLive-
based) are working fine for our current projects, there is no reason
at all to rush to update as soon as a new distribution is out. If new
versions of some packages (say, microtype) come out with features we
need, we can use TCOBrowser to download and install them in our ~/
Library branch.

Best,

Axel