[OS X TeX] Switcher

Joachim Kock jkock at start.no
Sun Nov 26 17:28:29 EST 2006

> You did omit some important lines from my ReadMe file:

Sorry about that -- I usually try to minimise quoting, unlike some other
users of this list.  It was not my intention to distort the meaning of the
quotation.   Let me take the opporunity, then, to offer two comments on
the lines I had omitted:

> Before the files would be removed visible copies with names
> \btext\nt profile-old\qq\resp\qq tcshrc-old \etext
> would be created in your home directory.

That's a nice touch indeed, but it does not prevent your shell setup from
being broken.  You would have to restore the .profile file manually, in
which case you would probably already regret you ever pushed that button.

> When the script starts it will first display a dialogue giving you the
> opportunity to cancel your request.

I must admit I didn't have the courage to try the script.  Does the
dialogue explain all the dangers involved in removing the .profile file?
If it gave such a warning, fully describing the possible consequences,
I reckon the user would cancel...  -- in which case of course no harm is
done, but not much accomplished either.

Cheers,
Joachim.