[OS X TeX] Switcher

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 26 17:53:38 EST 2006

Most users won't have a profile file, and those who do, independently
of my recommendation, probably know what 's a profile is for.

Moreover, the Applescripts that I posted a few minutes ago for
kpsewhich and texdoc will  make it unnecessary for most users to use
the command line, if they ever did, since these two commands are the
most important to get information about the installed packages and
those that will be actually used when running latex.

Mainly, because of these two commands I worried about a dominant
system wide path. With these  Applescripts however, which can be run
as macros from within TeXShop, most  users wouldn't need any special
local provisions to override the system wide path.

Claus