[OS X TeX] basic etiquette

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 27 08:33:35 EST 2006

Am 27.11.2006 um 13:59 schrieb Roberto Avanzi:

> Pardon my ignorance, but what is mpm, how do I use it on my mac?

Mpm is the MiKTeX (an MS Windows distribution based on TeX Live)
Package Manager. Since some months it works quite well to compile it
on Mac OS X. Before it was available for some Linux distributions.
Somehow it works to install updated packages from CTAN. See http://
miktex.org/ and particularly http://www.miktex.org/unx/. It seems to
be versatile enough to install a new package in a handful of
different TeX installations on the same system ... and it even might
be able to update each of them! So one would not need anymore to
download 100 MB+ for a simple update.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Hard Disk:  A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of
data with
             simple mnemonic commands.