[OS X TeX] About ~/Library/texmf/

Anthony JACOB anthony.jacob at strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 07:01:23 EST 2006

Hi,

I wonder about ~/Library/texmf/, I haven't this directory and I think I
need it to install some personnal packages or packages which are not
include in TeXLive. (I use Gerben's TeXLive 2005). In fact, I use some
time some modified *.cls (article, report and book) and I would like to
install them in ~/Library/texmf/ in order to not have always to put
*.sty *.cls in the same repertory as my *.tex.

Is it possible to sort them by type of class ? i.e. to have a repertory
wiht all class based on article.cls, a other for class based on book.cls
etc ...

My last question is about pictures for titlepage. For example, there is
some pictures I include in my papers very often, and I would put them in
one directory in ~/Library/texmf/ but I don't you where and how specify
to each class to look the pictures.
For example can I give as argument {~/Library/texmf/.../.../logo} to
\graphicspath ?

Finally, how can I have a "good" ~/Libray/texmf/ and where have I to put
my personnal class !?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony