[OS X TeX] TeXShop typesetting and macro questions

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 2 14:26:22 EDT 2006

Am 02.10.2006 um 19:39 schrieb Chris Goedde:

> My understanding is that the default pdfTeX script is 'pdflatex --
> shell-escape'. This presumably gets called by the 'latex' and
> 'latexinteractive' applescript commands. But these don't seem to
> allow for arguments to be passed to pdfTeX. Is that not right?

That's not right! First, --shell-escape is a non-default option.
Second, TeXShop uses "engines" (little tcsh scripts) to *tex a
document. Some basic commands are simply built-in – and you can set
them in the preferences.

--
Greetings

   Pete