[OS X TeX] Re: Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 10:04:03 EDT 2006

On 10/11/06, Johannes Brauer <brauer at nordakademie.de> wrote:
> Thanks a lot fpr ypur hints, Lus. But I am user of powerdot  since it
> appeared. My problem is the following: I have got a lot of teaching
> material in latex and most of it to be compiled with powerdot. I
> often use links from pdf documents to anchors within other pdf
> documents. But now I am preparing to manage my courses within Moodle
> an it seems difficult for me to link from Moodle pages into pdf
> files. A few days ago I saw a Slidy presentation (

http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/

) the first time and found it fairly nice.
> Compiling my latex sources to Slidy had the advantage that the
> students are not forced to change between reader and browser.
> Additionally links can be made easily from Moodle to a single slide.
>
> Johannes

Yes, this looks nice. There is a suite tex4ht (notably htlatex) which
can transform .tex to .html and some other formats. However

1) It definitely has issues with beamer. May be some less
sophisticated packages are treatedmore nicely but I would not bet on
it

2) It looks like Slidy uses a lot of custom staff and it does not look
likely that htlatex would follow this.

Hopefully

3) Eitan Gurari will clarify this
4) If Slidy becomes popular may be someone will write an extension  to
some pdf-slide package
making Slidy output