[OS X TeX] A question from a new member

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 16 11:11:44 EDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>>> 3.in-line spellchecking if possible, since I write in english,
>>> and it is not my native language;
>>
>> As with other Cocoa editors, using CocoAspell will give you this
>> feature and it also ``knows'' about LaTeX (and the list is
>> extensible).
>
> When I mispell (often), TeXShop alerts me. But I just checked and I
> don't have CocoAspell. So, who is doing the checking for me? And
> what would CocoAspell do for /this/ non-native speaker?

Howdy,

You are using the built-in OS X spellchecker. CocoAspell is smart
about LaTeX commands.

>>> 5. if possible, shortcuts for things like bold, emphasize...
>>
>> Write a macro that does it and assign a keyboard shortcut to it.
>> Right now the usual shortcuts, Cmd-I and Cmd-B, can't be
>> reassigned easily but others work.
>
> That is, I think, my /only gripe/ with TeXShop: What is the point
> of Command B / Command I boldfacing/italicizing the whole Source?

Agreed here. I believe those bindings will change in future versions
of TeXShop. by the way, I think one of the bindings has already been
release (so you can use it with a proper macro) in TeXShop 2.10beta2.

> And my one major wish is that TeXShop would be able to "fold"
> chapters and sections. (If I had the time and the capability of
> doing so, this is the one feature I would try to develop into
> TeXShop. And, no, this is not a hint.)
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Add a feature request (there are lots of them!) at <http://
sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=155796&atid=797241>.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)