[OS X TeX] OgreKit unavailable for some users (TeXShop)

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Sat Oct 21 13:05:30 EDT 2006

Le 21 oct. 06 à 17:15, Alan Munn a écrit :

> At 1:32 PM +0200 10/21/06, André Bellaïche wrote:
>> It seems that, when several users use TeXShop on the same mac (Mac
>> OS 10.4.8), only the one who was responsible for the installation
>> of TeXShop, that is the one whose the account was open when
>> TeXShop was  unloded and put in the Applications folder, can
>> benfit from the new OgreKit search panel.
>>
>> The other users, even if they check the OgreKit box in TeXShop
>> preferences, and restart several times, are stuck to the (very
>> simple) Apple search panel.
>>
>> Has anyone observed the same feature ? What can be done ?
>
> I don't have this problem on multiple accounts (TeXShop 2.09d on
> 10.4.8 Macbook Pro)
>
> Alan

The preference list of User1, that is User1/Library/Preferences/
TeXShop.plist, says : UseOgreKit Boolean <space>Yes, and it works.

I have replaced the preference list of User2 by that of User1, and I
have checked they were identical. But now, in the plist, the OgreKit
line reads:
UseOgreKit String YES (no space before YES),
and it still doesn't work, although the OgreKit button looks checked
(blue) in the Preferences panel.

The preference file of User3, says : UseOgreKit String YES (no space
before YES), and it doesn't work either. (And the OgreKit button is
checked (blue).)

Maybe I made some mistake going from one user to the other, but the
fact has been there for some time: only one user can use OgreKit.

I think it is not yet time to send a bug report.

André