[OS X TeX] TCOBrowser

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Sep 18 06:10:53 EDT 2006

Am 18.09.2006 um 10:05 schrieb Victor Ivrii:

> Other help files could be seen. May be the reason of mistreatment of
> pgf is the too large depth:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/doc/latex/pgf/version-for-pdftex/
> en/pgfmanual.pdf
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/help/Catalogue/entries/pgf.html

No, I don't think that's the reason.

Looking into catalogue.xml the elder version has:

   <version number='0.65'/>	(of pgf)
   <documentation href='ctan:/graphics/pgf/pgfuserguide.pdf'/>
   <documentation href='ctan:/graphics/pgf/README'/>

the newer version has:

   <version number='1.01'/>	(of pgf)
   <documentation href='ctan:/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-
for-pdftex/en/pgfmanual.pdf'/>
   <documentation href='ctan:/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-
for-tex4ht/en/pgfmanual.html'/>
   <documentation href='ctan:/graphics/pgf/README'/>

In i-Installer's teTeX the docs are:

	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/generic/pgf/version-for-
pdftex/en/pgfmanual.pdf
	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/generic/pgf/version-for-
tex4ht/en/pgfmanual.html
	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/pgf/pgfuserguide.pdf

so the local docs are a bit off the road ... but: ~/Library/
Application Support/TCOBrowser has the files TCOLocalDocCache and
TCOLocalCache.plist. Both have not changed since (1,75) years,
although I re-installed some parts of teTeX and XeTeX. There is a
button missing to update the local docs cache ...

When I (re)moved TCOLocalDocCache and TCOLocalCache.plist, TCOBrowser
used for some period (minutes) most of the CPU power, but no new
files were created. So I decided to re-create TCOLocalDocCache:

	locate /usr/local/teTeX | egrep '\.(pdf|dvi|ps)$' > ~/Library/
Application\ Support/TCOBrowser/TCOLocalDocCache

still with no luck: could be an updated TCOLocalCache.plist file is
needed, too.

It would be nice if a package's version could be displayed.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There's no place like ~