[OS X TeX] Re: Editors: Advantages and disadvantages

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 17:21:15 EDT 2006

Themis Matsoukas wrote:

>>> Luis Sequeira wrote:
>>> When you want to work on a different chapter, or typeset the whole
>>> book, just change the \includeonly line, comment it out or remove
>>> altogether.
>>

>> Alain Schremmer wrote:
>> And how about if you want to typeset the chapter you are working on?
>

> In the main file, say \includeonly{CurrentChapter}.
> In CurrentChapter.tex, say  %!TEX root = main.tex
>
> Then, hitting the typeset button on CurrentChapter.tex will do the
> trick. You can hide the window of main.tex (it is opened when you
> typeset), that way you can work between CurrentChapter,tex and main.pdf.

The advantage of my way is that, once set up, I don't have to change
anything. In fact, I set up things "my current way" because I started
getting entangled with askinclude. But "my current way" will not be good
for uploading so I am filing all this away for reconsideration when I am
getting nearer to uploading the Magnum Opus.

Grateful regards
--schremmer