[OS X TeX] encoding and special characters in TexShop and BibDesk

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Sun Sep 24 12:31:02 EDT 2006

> I've been watching with interest the discussion of encoding accented
> characters. I write in English, but many important papers I cite have
> authors whose names have accents. I'd like to know how to get this done
> properly.

I have problems at a much more primitive level.  Different sofware
packages at our university may sort names as case sensitive or not case
sensitive.  A last name like van Gelder may come before Albright or after
Zodek for the case sensitive ones.  I also get different orderings for
O'Brien and Oliver, but those are at least near each other.