[OS X TeX] TeXShop and .cfg configuration files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 28 09:04:52 EDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 7:42 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> Here is a link to tips on how to update the database: http://
> www.thexlab.com/faqs/maintscripts.html
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Actually, I use Macaroni which automatically runs the maintenance
scripts, a la cron, but after 5min of quiet time rather than at
strange hours of the day when my laptop would probably be turned off.
It rebuilds the database once a week.

I also use the GUI front end for locate, Locator, that has a button
to force the rebuilding of the database. It's not as though I
couldn't use the Terminal for this stuff but rather that I prefer the
GUI if it's not too much trouble; I use CVL for a CVS interface and
svnX for an SVN interface. :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)