[OS X TeX] Formatting the titles of lists

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Apr 11 09:34:19 EDT 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Michael Millett wrote:

> I would like to be able to produce itemized lists such that the
> title of the list is aligned flush left and centered to the list.

Hm, how can the title be both aligned flush left and centered to the
list?

> I have been unable to learn how to do this from "LaTeX User Guide
> and Reference Manual" or from the "LaTeX Companion." So I kindly
> request help.
>
> This type of format is often seen in resumês or curriculum vitas.
> And I was hoping to learn how to to it in TeXShop.

Did you mean LaTeX? ;)   (TeXShop is just one of the many front-ends)

> Interestingly, the "LaTex Companion" frequently uses this type of
> format with paragraphs in the book. Pages 288 and 356 are but two
> examples. But, unless I am missing something (which could well be),
> the how-to for this is not provided.

Have you looked at the second edition of the LaTeX Companion? It is
quite different.

In general I think you would do this by creating your own custom list
environment (not that hard to do, the companion talks about it I think).
Unless the paralist package already has what you need.    (http://
www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/paralist/)

> Thank you ahead of time for any help you can provide.
>
> Michael

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College