[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

Tobias Sebastian Kuhn tosebk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:55:11 EDT 2007

Dear Michael!

When I first tried your example Lilypond 2.11.19 crashed so I wrote
they MAY work.
But I had an older engine with no -R0 option for dvips. I now have
Lilypond 2.11.22.-1, the newest one for PPC, and a revised engine,
with no -f option for tcsh (
#!/bin/tcsh
set LILYPONDFOLDER = /Applications
set path = ($path $LILYPONDFOLDER/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/)
mkdir -p "$1:r"-out/
if ({ lilypond-book --output="$1:r"-out --psfonts "$1" }) then
   cd "$1:r"-out
   if ({ latex "$1" }) then
     if ({ dvips -o -Ppdf -R0 -h "$1:r".psfonts "$1:r".dvi }) then
       if ({ ps2pdf "$1:r".ps }) then
         mv "$1:r".pdf ..
       endif
     endif
   endif
endif
), and it IS indeed working with the last example you posted, at
least  on my iBook G4.

Am 17.04.2007 um 19:16 schrieb M A:

>> I originally saved the engine in Word as a text file with no line
>> breaks.
>> Then, I changed the name and extension to: Lilypond-LaTeX.engine
>>
>> Perhaps this is the problem?
>>

> Ugh! Almost certainly! Word is very bad to use as a text editor
> because it puts in all kinds of extra hidden stuff, even if you tell
> it to save as a text file. At the very least, the line endings are
> almost surely wrong. Run the following command on the file to fix the
> line endings and then try again.
>
> perl -pi -e 'tr/\015/\012/' Lilypond-LaTex.engine

I hope you realize now that Word is really crap.

Other then to save and replace your engine and make it executable
again I have no idea how to help you, as I'm not really using TexLive
but the rsync'd source of it, maybe this is even more "Geek-Tex" than
using MacTeX or gwTeX with its weird TeXDist structure but it works
with everything i tried so far...