[OS X TeX] Latex on Leopard

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 2 16:39:03 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Romulus Breban wrote:

> Thanks All!
> Man, do I feel stupid now.... I installed MacTex 2007 and it works
> like a charm.  Download, install and config was a 10 mins job.
> The fact that the default is pdf* is a little annoying but I take a
> hint from Vic.
> Can anyone recommend something for vector graphics? or this is a
> topic for a different forum? :P
> Romulus

If you mean that TeXShop's default is to use pdflatex that can be
changed in preferences. Go to TeXShop->Preferences->Typesetting Tab
and set TeX+Ghostscript as the Default Script. Then when you run
Typeset->LaTeX (Shift-Cmd-L) the processing will be latex->dvips-
 >ps2pdf13. By default the ps file will be deleted but TeXShop-
 >Preferences->Engine Tab TeX+dvips_distiller has a check box to save
the ps if that's what you wish.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)