[OS X TeX] Something for vector graphics (Was Latex on Leopard)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:56:01 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Romulus Breban wrote:

> Can anyone recommend something for vector graphics? or this is a
> topic for a different forum?

I think that this is something for a new thread.

As I often have in the past, I would like to mention that I very
happy with Intaglio:

1. I suffered for many years with Canvas and Intaglio does painlessly
all that Canvas did or didn't do.

2. Moreover, what I like very much from the point of view of
including figures in LaTeX is that once I have made a Graphic in
Intaglio and Saved As … Graphic.Intaglio, I can Save A Copy As …
cropped pdf in another folder which Intaglio remembers.

I can then include Graphic.pdf in LaTeX and edit  Graphic.Intaglio
which I just have to Save A Copy As … and the LaTeX file is updated.

3. Intaglio can also save in SVG which, in addition to be more
conform to the GNU FreeDocLic, has the additional advantage that it
can be read by, say, subethaedit and the resulting code can then be
included directly in the LaTeX code instead of a \includegraphics
line. Then, when you typeset, the pdf is created on the fly and
automatically inserted.

4. Support is superlative. Some of the above features were created
once I was able to make a case for them.

Regards
--Schremmer