[OS X TeX] TeXDist-Description

Steffen Wolfrum mactex_aa at st.estfiles.de
Mon Dec 10 07:04:21 EST 2007

Hi,

in "TeXDist-Description.rtf" Gerben warns that this documents is for
unix-savy people, not an ordinary end user. Right, I tried to
understand the content and failed. Thus I am asking for help here:

Right now my preference panel "TeX Distribution" gives me two options:

· gwTeX
• TeXLive-2007

But in reality I use different versions of "texmf-local" folder
(containing different versions of ConTeXt) by exchanging in Finder
the folder itself:
renaiming "texmf-local_august" or "texmf-local_december" to "texmf-
local"

Can someone describe me a way to arrange my different "texmf-local"-
folder in such way that I can switch by "TeX Distribution" panel:

· gwTeX
[· TeXLive-2007]
· TeXLive-2007_ver_august
• TeXLive-2007_ver_december