[OS X TeX] pdflatexmk: bug or feature

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Dec 10 09:42:34 EST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 12:05 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> I use pdflatexmk, it is really convenient.
>
> I have the tex file sitting in the DragThing dock, and I start
> working by clicking on it. The tex file appears. I want to see the
> typeset version, so I typeset. But the typeset version does not
> appear because
>
> Latexmk: All targets (smiIV-minimal.pdf) are up-to-date
>
> A bug or a feature?
>
> GG

Howdy,

Forcing a recompile by adding a meaningless space is certainly one way
to get the pdf to display (after opening a minimized TeXShop source
file window) but, if it's a large document and the pdf file is already
present, I don't think that's the procedure to use

Yet another way to open the pdf file, assuming it's actually there
(i.e., you haven't done a cleanup), is simply to use the Fast Open...
macro (I think it's Shift-Cmd-O) that is part of the base macros
included with TeXShop. That will open a window listing all the files
in the same directory as the source file so you can choose the one you
wish to see.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)