[OS X TeX] Loss of Greek Porson font functionality

John McChesney-Young panis at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 11 08:56:47 EST 2007

At 1:04 PM +1100 12/11/07, Ross Moore quoted in part my .tex document:

and then wrote in part:

>To make sense of this, copy the above 4 lines directly into the
>source of an HTML page; view it in a browser,
>then Copy/Paste into a LaTeX source document.

My apologies for the string of HTML decimal characters! I'd copied
and pasted the first line of Euclid's _Elements_ in Greek from a web
site [[1]] into my TeXShop composition window and it had compiled
without a problem. I then copied and pasted the whole minimal example
into my e-mail message, using my webmail interface because I'm still
using an old version of Eudora which doesn't handle Unicode properly.
Firefox displayed it correctly on my screen, but I guess somewhere
along the line the Greek was re-coded.

Again, my apologies, and my thanks to Ross for his attached font sample file.

John

[[1]] http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/efts/PERSEUS/
--

*** John McChesney-Young  **  panis~at~pacbell.net  **   Berkeley,
California, U.S.A.  ***