[OS X TeX] MathTimes Pro

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 14 07:54:25 EST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}
> \usepackage[scaled=0.92]{helvet}
> \usepackage[mtpscr,mtpcal,slantedGreek,zswash,subscriptcorrection]
> {mtpro2}

Instead of Helvetica for Sans try the Bera fonts. I use

\usepackage[scaled=0.84]{berasans}
\usepackage[scaled=0.84]{beramono}

Those fonts should already be installed in MacTeX. I use the same
fonts with Utopia (via the fourier package) and Palatino (via the
mathpazo package) and think they have a better weight match for those
fonts. Of course, if the publisher is making you use Helvetica, etc.,
so be it. Oh, yes, it's always a very personal choice.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)