[OS X TeX] Staying up to date with programs Gerben used to maintain

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:41:50 EST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 1:04 PM, Jasper Knockaert <jknockaert at feweb.vu.nl> wrote:

> Again: that's Fink. We were discussing MacPorts, where you cannot
> install e.g. latex2rtf without getting the whole tetex distro with it.

Execute the following two commands in Terminal.app:

cd /opt/local/etc/macports
sudo mv macports.conf macports.conf_orig && printf
"\nbinpath\t/usr/texbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin\n"
| sudo cat temp - > macports.conf

Note the "sudo mv ... > macports.conf" is all supposed to be on one
line (an email program might have broken it up). In principle, you
should be able to add the "binpath" line to a macports.conf file in
~/.macports but this seems to (no longer) be working for me (though
changing the one in /opt/local/etc/macports does). Now Macports will
find find your latex binaries in /usr/texbin and not try to install
teTeX.

Mark A