[OS X TeX] Full page image as cover

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 27 15:30:00 EST 2007

On 27 dec 2007, at 20:27, Manuel wrote:

> Good morning, all. After installing TexShop 2.14 on OS 10.4.11, and
> also after getting over some initial confusion and perplexities, I
> managed to produce my first article with TeX. I love it. For my
> second, I need to have an image occupy the whole first page, with no
> margins or text whatsoever, then a blank page, then the page with
> the title, author, etc.

What is the format of this image? You may be able to use pdfpages for
this (even if the image is just one of the other formats supported by
the graphics package using pdftex). Another option is to use a picture
environment to position the image on he page. Just scale it a little
bit larger than the page to avoid cutting edges.

Maarten