[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 1 16:10:28 EST 2007

Le 1 févr. 07 à 18:41, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Again... Sorry for taking you on this trip. I get the same error
> when I add that option in that way and try to process any file
> using latex+ghostscript (i.e. simpdftex latex ...). I do know, and
> you confirmed, that
>
> ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None file.ps
>
> does the right thing, i.e., it overrides the rotation, but can't
> quite figure out how to add that option to the ps2pdf13 invocation
> in simpdftex. Maybe simpdftex should have another option --
> distiller_option?

Looking at the code in the shell script simpdftex, I get the
impression the addition of another option --distiller-opts would be
the only solution, by mimicking --extratexopts and --extradvipsopts,
namely:

- At line 324, add:

	--distiller-opts)
		shift
		distiller-options="$1"
		;;

- At lines 533 and 538, replace:

	"${distillerprog}"

by:

	"${distillerprog}" ${distiller-options}

- Update the usage information accordingly.

I'm not sure that would work (especially in combination with --
distiller-filter), given my limited understanding of programming, but
that might be worth trying: modify simpdftex as above, then try:

	simpdftex latex --maxpfb --distiller-opts="-dAutoRotatePages=/None"

Bruno