[OS X TeX] MacTeX (Latex) installation on user space

Amit Jayant Shirsat ajs at cs.purdue.edu
Sun Feb 4 19:03:08 EST 2007

Hello:
I have specific question related to installing MacTex.

Since i am using a .edu domain shared disk space i cannot install the
software with admin privileges. Can i install it in my user space?

More specifically i want the latex binaries to be invoked command line-
just as in any unix/linux installation. I want to send the path of the
installed binaries to the Eclipse application which can then invoke the
latex commands using the TexClipse plugin.

here are my machine details just in case....

Any pointers will be very helpful...
-Amit

Machine Name:    Power Mac G5
 Machine Model:    PowerMac11,2