[OS X TeX] LinkBack/LaTeX on Mac OS X Feedback

King Chung Huang kinghuang at mac.com
Tue Feb 6 12:34:58 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm the author of the Keynote LinkBack Plugin. I'm posting here
because a very large number of the plugin's users appear to use it in
conjunction with LinkBack aware LaTeX applications, and a good
portion of them also appear to be in educational institutions. One of
my many hats is as a member of the steering committee of the
MacLearning group. We have an annual meeting to provide feedback
directly to the engineers, product marketers, and others behind
Apple's products.

I am in the process of preparing my requests for this year's agenda
items. I am interested in finding out if the Mac LaTeX users here
would be interested in seeing Apple doing something with LaTeX in Mac
OS X, or would you rather Apple leave it alone and defer to the
current community-based efforts? The "something" could mean anything
from simply including LaTeX in Mac OS X, to integration with the text
system. If there is interest in some sort of activity from Apple, I
will make a request to talk about this on this year's agenda. And, if
it makes it onto the agenda, I will post back with questions on this
list to get more specific information to present to Apple.

The meeting is not until April, but I need to know this week if there
is a desire for this on the agenda. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sincerely,

King Chung Huang