[OS X TeX] LinkBack/LaTeX on Mac OS X Feedback

Jason Davies ophiochos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:52:58 EST 2007

>I am in the process of preparing my requests for this year's agenda
>items. I am interested in finding out if the Mac LaTeX users here would
>be interested in seeing Apple doing something with LaTeX in Mac OS X,
>or would you rather Apple leave it alone and defer to the current
>community-based efforts? The "something" could mean anything from
>simply including LaTeX in Mac OS X, to integration with the text
>system. If there is interest in some sort of activity from Apple, I
>will make a request to talk about this on this year's agenda. And, if
>it makes it onto the agenda, I will post back with questions on this
>list to get more specific information to present to Apple.

before i-installer was discontinued, I would have said 'we're
fine, thanks' but now, it would be excellent (what if Apple took
on the i-installer?) but then, I'm not an expert

I confess that what puts people off LaTeX is often the
installation. If Apple just included something like i-installer,
that would go away...