[OS X TeX] Strange ligatures

Signups signups at norvelle.org
Mon Feb 19 17:43:29 EST 2007

Greetings all,

Your suggestions have enabled me to resolve all but one of the weird
issues that have cropped up regarding fonts.

As you'll recall, I'm mixing the Porson Greek font with Times New Roman
as my main document font.  The one issue that remains is that Times New
Roman suddenly begins to render with ligatures, in particular between
the "s" and the "t".  However, it only does this in section and
subsection headers, where font bolding is turned on.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this?  The same
effect occurs if I switch the main document font to "FreeSerif" as well.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Erik Norvell